About the job
The position of Instructor is responsible for the competent delivery of their relevant stream subjects offered within the scope of Aviation Australia Riyadh College of Excellence (ARX) course offerings. The instructor is also expected to participate in the delivery of specialist subjects relevant to their stream which are embedded within other stream courses.
- Instruct the theory and practical requirements within the applicable trade stream.
- Conduct examinations, and participate in the preparation, correction and assessment of examination papers, student reports and assignments.
- Participate in the counselling, remediation and administration of students.
- Participate in the development and generation of class notes, teaching materials and practical activities.
- Be involved in the promotion of activities and programs offered by ARX.
- Remain up to date with technological developments in the aerospace industry and in particular, the appointee’s area of expertise.
- Monitor and self-evaluate teaching performance to ensure a high standard is maintained which provides optimal student learning opportunities.
- Participate in the development, generation and continual review of class notes, and teaching material.
- Maintain records of course material delivered.
- Participate in student field excursions and their supervision.
- Be committed to maintaining current professional competence by active engagement in professional development activities whenever offered by ARX.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant industry compliance requirements for Teachers’ / trainers.
- Maintain and monitor classroom learning activities with due regard to ARX’ commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Undertake other duties as required by the accountable / reporting Manager and Senior Management.
- Comply with ARX’ requirements of:
o Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation.
o Code of Conduct.
o Policies and Procedures.
The instructor has the authority to:
- Maintain the personal safety of students and peer instructors involved in the delivery of training programs offered by ARX.
- Counsel and/or discipline students in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- At least meet GACA English level requirement with CPD to obtain IELTS 6.5 within a year.
- Appropriate academic qualifications from a recognized university to demonstrate subject matter knowledge for the subject they wish to teach or recognized professional or technical certification/diplomas which demonstrate appropriate experience and subject matter knowledge.
- A training qualification equivalent to a Training and Assessment Certificate 4 or Diploma Year is the minimum, but bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.
- At least six years of relevant professional work experience.
- Hold qualifications licensed by GACA/EASA
- Current licensing with the General Authority of Civil Aviation of Saudi Arabia (GACA).
- Demonstrated experience within a line and/or workshop setting or as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Previous experience (minimum of 3 years) in delivering aviation based technical training programs in the post-secondary, technical or vocational sector.
Knowledge and Skills
- Be an English native speaker OR be able to provide a recent IELTS 6.5 academic certificate (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated knowledge of education standards and how compliance against these standards is maintained and demonstrated.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation that applies to aviation training.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures, applicable preferably to a medium to large organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues through negotiation and consultation with other team members.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to priorities work, to deal with competing demands, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to become an effective user of new computer systems.
- Preparedness to undertake training as required.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated approach to work.
- Emotionally resilient in a fast-paced teaching environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
- Ability to foster a customer focused working environment and build and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers from diverse cultural backgrounds, displaying awareness of cross-cultural communication issues.
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility.